The young and the digital [electronic resource] : what the migration to social-network sites, games, and anytime, anywhere media means for our future / S. Craig Watkins
- Watkins, S. Craig (Samuel Craig)
- Boston : Beacon Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 249 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: The young and the digital -- Digital migration : young people's historic move to the online world -- Social media 101 : what schools are learning about themselves and young technology users -- The very well connected : friending, bonding, and community in the digital age -- Digital gates : how race and class distinctions are shaping the digital world -- We play : the allure of social games, synthetic worlds, and second lives -- Hooked : rethinking the internet addiction debate -- Now! Fast entertainment and multitasking in an always-on world -- "May I have your attention?" : the consequences of anytime, anywhere technology -- Conclusion: A message from Barack : what the young and the digital means for our political future.
- 9780807061930 (hardcover : alk. paper), 080706193X (hardcover : alk. paper), and 9780807006160 (paperback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 219-241) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19194438