The young, the restless, and the dead [electronic resource] : interviews with Canadian filmmakers / edited by George Melnyk
- Additional Titles:
- Interviews with Canadian filmmakers
- Waterloo, Ont. : Wilfrid Laurier University Press, c2008-
- Physical Description:
- v. : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Melnyk, George
- Film and media studies series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- v. 1. The young, the restless, and the dead : an introduction / George Melnyk. "It needed to go to a dark place" / Michael Dowse interviewed by Bart Beaty. "The funniest people in the world are Canadian" : the boys from Anagram pictures / Blake Corbet, Andrew Currie, Trent Carlson interviewed by Peggy Thompson. "I'm shockingly unchanged since I picked up a camera" / Guy Maddin interviewed by George Melnyk. "Your secrets shouldn't be so secret" / Mina Shum interviewed by Jacqueline Levitin. "I like telling stories that are off the beaten track" / Lynne Stopkewich interviewed by Kalli Paakspuu. "It's a job and you have to do it every day" / Gary Burns interviewed by George Melnyk. "I like to work one-on-one" / Anne Wheeler interviewed by Peggy Thompson. "It's an image that I have retained from infancy" / Jean-Claude Lauzon interviewed by Claude Racine ; translated from the French by Jim Leach.
- 9781554580361 (pbk.)
- "Each volume in this series will contain eight to ten interviews"--P. viii
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references, and filmography (p. 131-132).
View MARC record | catkey: 19194499