Youth and empire [electronic resource] : trans-colonial childhoods in British and French Asia / David M. Pomfret
- Pomfret, David M., 1973-
- Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 402 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : childhood and the reordering of empire -- Tropical childhoods : health, hygiene and nature -- Cultural contagions : children in the colonial home -- Magic islands : children on display in colonialisms' cultures -- Trouble in fairyland : cultures of childhood in interwar Asia -- Intimate heights : children, nature and colonial urban planning -- Sick traffic : 'child slavery' and imperial networks -- Class reactions : education and colonial 'comings of age' -- Raising Eurasia : childhood, youth and the mixed race question.
- 9780804795173 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 357-380) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19194559