Overview and Issues for Implementation of the Federal Cloud Computing Initiative [electronic resource] : Implications for Federal Information Technology Reform Management
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (35 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of cloud computing, which is the delivery of computing services from a remote location. Explains cloud deployment models and service models, discusses issues that should be considered when adopting cloud services, and presents Federal government planning for IT reform. Provides information on assessments that have been conducted on agency cloud adoption, and discusses challenges and drivers of cloud adoption. Provides possible mechanisms for Congress to monitor agencies as they implement cloud computing. Summarizes cloud-related legislation in the 113th Congress.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 13-R4-2887 in the 2013 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Mar. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19197095