Medicare Advantage [electronic resource] : Proposed Benchmark Update and Other Adjustments for CY2015 in Brief
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides brief background on how Medicare Advantage (MA) payments are determined by comparing estimated plan cost (bid) to maximum amount Medicare will pay a plan (benchmark). Discusses how calculation of the benchmark or maximum possible payment has changed with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, as amended, and recent administrative action. Describes select provisions in the Advanced Notice of Methodological Changes for CY2015, which would either adjust the benchmarks, or make other adjustments, some of which are statutorily specified and some of which are at the discretion of the Secretary of HHS. Answers select questions on CY2015 MA payments.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19197170