Alternate Assessments for Students with Disabilities [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (35 pages), digital, PDF file
- Describes Department of Education regulations that allow States to use scores from alternate assessments for adequate yearly progress calculations in accountability systems. Addresses current status of State implementation of alternate assessments, and examines challenges that States have encountered in developing and implementing these assessments. Discusses other policy proposals for measuring achievement of students with disabilities and including them in accountability systems. Covers legislation in the 113th Congress to reauthorize the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 10-R4-0701 in the 2010 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19197176