EPA's Vessel General Permit [electronic resource] : Background and Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (21 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides background on regulations under the Clean Water Act that prohibit discharge of pollutants from a point source into navigable U.S. waters without a permit. Examines 2013 draft vessel general permits proposed by EPA to regulate certain types of discharges from vessels into U.S. waters. Considers issues related to inclusion of numeric performance standards to limit ballast water discharges from vessels, and controversies about State role in regulating vessel discharges. and This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 13-R4-2142b in the 2013 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19197985