Securities Fraud Class Action Certification [electronic resource] : Halliburton Co. v. Erica P. John Fund, Inc
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. American Law Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides background on class certification aspect of securities law, in which merits of the case cannot be considered until after the class of plaintiffs has been certified. Discusses importance of class certification for securities fraud plaintiffs in ongoing case Halliburton Co. v. Erica P. John Fund, Inc. , which spans more than a decade, through two complete rounds in Federal district court, court of appeals, and the Supreme Court.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19198272