Guatemala [electronic resource] : Political, Security, and Socio-Economic Conditions and U.S. Relations
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (30 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of current political and economic conditions in Guatemala, relations with the U.S., and several issues likely to figure in future decisions by Congress and the Administration regarding Guatemala. Covers issues with respect to continued cooperation and foreign assistance, including security and governance; protection of human rights and human rights conditions on some U.S. military aid to Guatemala; support for International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala; combating narcotics trafficking and organized crime; trade relations; intercountry adoption; and unaccompanied Guatemalan children at the U.S. border.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 13-R4-2580 in the 2013 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19198419