Bitcoin [electronic resource] : Questions, Answers, and Analysis of Legal Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Government Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (24 pages), digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. American Law Division
- Provides introduction to bitcoin, a digital currency that has been in existence since 2009. Answers basic questions about bitcoin, the operation of the bitcoin network, and its interaction with the current dollar-based monetary system. Summarizes likely reasons for and against widespread bitcoin adoption. Discusses legal and regulatory matters that have been raised by bitcoin and other digital currencies.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19198465