Internet Governance and the Domain Name System [electronic resource] : Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (30 pages), digital, PDF file
- Examines issues surrounding Internet governance and domain name system (DNS). Provides definition of Internet governance, and describes how Internet is currently governed. Discusses Government role, focusing on 2009 Affirmation of Commitments, Department of Commerce contracts with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers and VeriSign, and National Telecommunications and Information Administration intent to transition stewardship of the DNS. Reviews debate over future model of Internet governance. and This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 14-R4-2351a in the 2014 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Oct. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19198986