Will the Guantanamo Bay Prisoner Exchange Influence Congress's Consideration of the Defense Authorization Bill? [electronic resource] : CRS Legal Sidebar
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. American Law Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (2 pages), digital, PDF file
- Addresses U.S. release of five Taliban members from custody at the Guantanamo Bay detention facility as part of a deal to effectuate the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who had been held captive by Taliban-affiliated forces for several years; and discusses subsequent claims that the Administration did not comply with the Congressional notification requirements contained in Section 1035 of the National Defense Authorization Act for FY2014 regarding the transfer. Considers possible impact of Guantanamo prisoner exchange on Congressional consideration of appropriations and authorization legislation for FY2015 National Defense Authorization Act, including whether to modify existing restrictions on Guantanamo detainee transfers and related Congressional notification requirements.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19199016