Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) [electronic resource] : A Primer on Eligibility and Benefits
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides background on the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP), which enables low-income families to purchase nutritious food with electronic benefit transfer cards at authorized retail stores, and provides nutrition education to program participants. Describes rules related to eligibility for SNAP benefits, rules for benefits and their redemption, and form and function of SNAP benefits.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 13-R4-2505 in the 2013 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19199202