EPA and the Army Corps' Proposed Rule to Define "Waters of the United States" [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (27 pages), digital, PDF file
- Describes rule proposed jointly by EPA and Army Corps of Engineers on Mar. 25, 2014, to revise definition of waters protected under the Clean Water Act (CWA) for the first time in 25 years, in light of Supreme Court rulings in 2001 and 2006 that interpreted regulatory scope of the CWA more narrowly than previously, but left uncertainty about the precise effect of Supreme Court decisions. Provides side-by-side comparison of definition of "waters of the United States" in existing regulatory language. and This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 14-R4-3455 in the 2014 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19199334