The WTO Brazil-U.S. Cotton Case [electronic resource] : CRS In Focus
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (2 pages), digital, PDF file
- Summarizes cotton policy, including recent changes and how they resulted from Brazil challenge to certain aspects of the U.S. cotton program under the rules of the World Trade Organization (WTO) dispute settlement process. Examines domestic cotton sector reliance on Government support and international markets, U.S. commitments in WTO, and Brazil challenge to U.S. cotton programs. Summarizes WTO panel ruling in favor of Brazil, subsequent U.S. modification of its farm and trade policy, and current resolution.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19199545