Cash Versus Accrual Basis of Accounting [electronic resource] : An Introduction
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (24 pages), digital, PDF file
- Describes and compares the cash basis method and accrual basis method of accounting, in light of potential upcoming tax system reform and proposed changes to Federal Government financial reporting requirements. Provides overview of concepts and theories that underlie the two accounting methods. Explores these concepts through two scenarios in the business cycle of a fictitious small business, and considers how the basis of accounting would affect the financial condition of the business. Includes appendix containing accounting terminology.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Jan. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 19199726