Settler Jamaica in the 1750s : a social portrait / Jack P. Greene
- Greene, Jack P.
- Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 288 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Early American histories
- Jamaica at midcentury: a social and economic profile -- Patterns of landholding -- Distribution of economic settlements -- St. Andrew: patterns of land use and production in a core parish -- St. Andrew: patterns of labor distribution and productivity in a core parish -- Spanish town: an urban profile of property, wealth, and population -- Spanish town: an urban profile of structures of office holding and occupations -- Kingston: an urban profile of property and wealth -- St. James: property, families, and households in a peripheral parish.
- 9780813938318 (cloth : alk. paper)
0813938317 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780813933887 (cloth : alk. paper)
0813933889 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 263-277) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Class of 1984 Endowed Book Fund; 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 19200041