- Professional role of the nurse / Kathy Wilson and Nora Cooper -- Communication / Brian Richardson -- Personal care / Mariama Seray-Wurie -- Elimination / Marion Hinds and Sheila Cunningham -- Pain assessment and management / Sheila Cunningham -- End of life care / Kirsty Dye -- Observations and monitoring (vital signs) / Tina Moore -- Monitoring and interpreting / Tina Moore -- Oxygenation / Tina Moore -- Emergency management of the patient and resuscitation / José Hernandez-Padilla & Fiona Suthers -- Moving and handling / Sinna Ramonaledi -- Wound care / Jane Preece -- Pre-operative and post-operative care / Jenny Phillips and Carolyn Perriman -- Tracheostomy care / Tina Moore -- Infection control / Sheila Cunningham -- Safe and accurate administration of medicines / Sheila Cunningham -- Nutrition / Susan Kaur Lawrence -- Hydration and fluid balance / Margaret Herlihy and Dee Anderson.
- Employing an evidence-based approach, this comprehensive textbook introduces the core clinical skills and competencies a newly-qualified nurse is required to have for professional practice. Designed to allow readers to develop and enhance their clinical skills with one key textbook, each chapter contains learning outcomes, recommendations for practice, case studies, activities, 'clinical significance' highlights and step-by-step guides to important procedures. This invaluable clinical skills textbook is an essential reference for pre-registration nursing students.
- 9781138791190 hardcover
9781315528779 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 19200070