A fable for critics, or, better ... a glance at a few of our literary progenies (Mrs. Malaprop's word) from the tub of Diogenes ; a vocal and musical medley ; that is, a series of jokes by a wonderful quiz ...
- Lowell, James Russell, 1819-1891
- Additional Titles:
- At head of title: Reader! walk up at once ...
- [New York] : G.P. Putnam, 1848.
- [Second edition].
- Physical Description:
- v, 80 pages ; 19 cm
Full Text available online
- First edition, second state, with p. 63 properly paged and p. 64 mispaged 63. See Blanck, cited below., Title page in red and black., A preliminary note to the second edition (2d-4th preliminary leave)., and Rare Books copy: Bound in brown TB cloth; stamped in gold and blind; tan endpapers.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from Gilman, Crompond, N.Y.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Blanck, J. Bibliography of American literature, 13062
View MARC record | catkey: 192510