Wars in the midst of peace : the international politics of ethnic conflict / edited by David Carment and Patrick James
- Pittsburgh, Pa. : University of Pittsburgh Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 302 pages : illustrations, map ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Carment, David, 1959- and James, Patrick, 1957-
- Ethnic conflict at the international level : theory and evidence / David Carment and Patrick James -- The ethnic challenge to international relations theory / John F. Stack, Jr. -- Indigenous peoples, states, and conflict / Gerald R. Alfred and Franke Wilmer -- How do peaceful secessions happen? / Robert A. Young -- Systemic war in the former Yugoslavia / Manus I. Midlarsky -- Systems at risk : violence, diffusion, and disintegration in the Middle East / Monty G. Marshall -- Domestic political change and strategic response : the impact of domestic conflict on state behavior, 1816-1986 / Zeev Maoz -- Ethnicity, minorities, and international conflict / David R. Davis, Keith Jaggers, and Will H. Moore -- The ethnic dimension of international crises / Michael Brecher and Jonathan Wilkenfeld -- Secession and irredenta in world politics : the neglected interstate dimension / David Carment and Patrick James -- Preventing and resolving destructive communal conflicts / Louis Kriesberg -- Ethnic conflict at the international level : an appraisal of theories and evidence / David Carment and Patrick James.
- 0822939754 (cloth : acid-free paper)
0822956268 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 271-292) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1926268