Reading mystical lyric : the case of Jalal al-Din Rumi / Fatemeh Keshavarz
- Keshavarz, Fatemeh, 1952-
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 194 pages ; 24 cm.
- Studies in comparative religion
- Editor's preface -- Preface -- Note on transliteration and dating -- Rumi: the person and the poet -- Rumi's lyrical output: historiography and analysis -- The "footless" journey in "nothingness": the power of illogical tropes -- "How sweetly with a kiss is the speech interrupted": Rumi's poetics of silence -- "Wondrous birds grow from the palm of my hand": the dynamism of imagery in the D<i->v<a->n -- "A hundred drums are being played in my heart": the intricacies of the sonic game -- "The rhyme and the sophistry, let the flood take them all": the rhythm of childhood -- In the quest for love -- Turning the funeral into a whirling dance: remapping the generic horizons -- Notes -- Bibliography -- Index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -189) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1927212