Florence Nightingale [electronic resource] : the Nightingale School / Lynn McDonald, editor
- Nightingale, Florence, 1820-1910
- Additional Titles:
- Nightingale School
- Waterloo, Ont. : Wilfred Laurier University Press, c2009 (Saint-Lazare, Quebec : Gibson Library Connections, 2010).
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (xiv, 935 p.) : digital file
- Additional Creators:
- McDonald, Lynn, 1940-
Nightingale, Florence, 1820-1910
- Collected works of Florence Nightingale ; v. 12
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Florence Nightingale: A Precis of Her Life -- Key to Editing -- Nightingale's Preparation for Nursing -- Nightingale School in Operation -- State Registration of Nurses -- Notes on Nursing: What It Is, and What It Is Not -- 1. Ventilation and Warming -- 2. Health of Houses -- 3. Petty Management -- 4. Noise -- 5. Variety -- 6. Taking Food -- 7. What Food? -- 8. Bed and Bedding -- 9. Light -- 10. Cleanliness of Rooms and Walls -- 11. Personal Cleanliness -- 12. Chattering Hopes and Advices -- 13. Observation of the Sick -- Supplementary Chapter: What Is a Nurse? -- Convalescence -- Children in London -- Note Upon Some Errors in Novels -- Method of Polishing Floors -- Note Upon Employment of Women -- Note as to the Number of Women Employed -- As Nurses in Great Britain -- "Nurses, Training of," and "Nursing the Sick," in Quain's Dictionary of Medicine -- Florence Nightingale's Addresses to Nurses -- Appendix A. Biographical Sketches -- Appendix B. Regulations and Application, Nightingale School -- Appendix C. Nightingale School Probationers.
- 9781554581696 (electronic bk.)
- Written by Florence Nightingale, including a reprint of the 2nd ed. of Notes on nursing.
Issued as part of the Canadian electronic library publishers collection.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 19405399