Non-traditional security issues and the South China Sea [electronic resource] : shaping a new framework for cooperation / edited by Shicun Wu, National Institute fro the South China Sea Studies, China ; Keyuan Zou, Lancashire Law School of the University of Central Lancashire, UK.
- Farnham, Surrey, UK ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 295 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Wu, Shicun and Zou, Keyuan
- Contemporary issues in the South China sea
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Non-traditional security issues in the South China Sea : seeking more effective means for cooperation / Shicun Wu and Keyuan Zou -- Regional cooperation and joint development in the South China Sea : speech that acts and action that speaks / Timo Kivimäki -- A note on the 2009 legal and political developments recent concerning the continental shelf in the South China Sea / Ted L. McDorman -- The dispute management approach of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) : what relevance for the South China Sea situation? / Ramses Amer -- Malaysia's approach to cooperation in the South China Sea / Johan Saravanamuttu -- The South China Sea: possible pathways to cooperation / Mingjiang Li -- Arctic vs. South China Sea : how do coastal states and user states view the international navigation regime? / Nong Hong -- Increased piracy and armed robbery against ships in the South China Sea-possible causes and solutions / Sam Bateman and Jane Chan -- Enhancing regional cooperation on piracy and maritime crimes / Robert Beckman and Tara Davenport -- China's anti-piracy mission in the Gulf of Aden : implications for anti-piracy in the South China Sea / Andrew Erickson and Austin Strange -- Realizing sustainability in the South China Sea / Keyuan Zou -- Bridge over troubled waters : energy cooperation in the South China Sea and the Gulf of Thailand / Thomas Grieder -- The portents of changing climate : maritime security implications for the South China Sea / Robin Warner -- Environmental impact assessment in the law of the sea : safeguarding the environmental sustainability of the South China Sea / Lingjie Kong.
- National security—South China Sea—International cooperation
- Security, International—South China Sea Region
- Maritime terrorism—South China Sea—Prevention—International cooperation
- Environmental protection—South China Sea—International cooperation
- South China Sea—Strategic aspects
- South China Sea—International status
- 9781409461937 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 277-285) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19405843