Nursing care of children and young people with chronic illness [electronic resource] / edited by Fay Valentine, Lesley Lowes ; foreword by Simon Weston
- Oxford ; Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 262 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Valentine, Fay and Lowes, Lesley, 1950-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The definition and aetiology of chronic illness / Fay Valentine and Suzanne Hazell -- Context of care and service delivery / Fay Valentine and Peter Mcnee -- Impact upon the child and family / Lesley Lowes -- A holistic approach to meeting physical, social and psychological needs / Beverly Hodges and Julia Tod -- Empowering children, young people and their families / Mandy Brimble -- Ethical issues / Peter Mcnee and Maggie Furness -- Continuing care needs / Melda Price and Sian Thomas -- Acute emergencies / Peter Mcnee and Martina Nathan -- Adolescence / Siân Bill and Yvonne Knight -- Transitional care / Siân Bill and Beverly Hodges.
- 9781405144025 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1405144025 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19406792