One man's music [electronic resource] : the life and times of Texas songwriter Vince Bell / by Vince Bell
- Bell, Vince
- Denton, Tex. : University of North Texas Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 261 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- North Texas lives of musicians series ; no. 3
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foreword by Kathleen Hudson -- Sorcerers' apprentice -- Look of the loner looking at it -- Sweat like a boxer -- Sinbad and the silver tooth -- Music where the words are the important part -- I'm not this way because I'm a musician, I'm a musician because I'm this way -- Secret mountain laboratory -- Six strings, no kick -- Three-day ride to the kitchen -- The songwriter -- Elastic plastic fork and pitiable paper plate -- Bermuda triangle -- Name unknown -- Rumor of my demise -- Room 933 -- If it was time for the musicians to call, it was time to go home and fix it -- Providence Street -- Even up on Misery Ave., they sometimes dance and sing -- Path of least regret -- Music school -- Edge of the world -- Monday for two years -- Keep your eyes in the sky -- Second Street -- Fate worse than death -- Wizard of odds -- Adrift in paradise -- Give chance a chance -- Prize for not working hard enough -- Phoenix -- Album of a lifetime -- The poetry in the prose -- Play like you practice -- Texas plates -- Say in your owndamnway -- The bottom line -- Live in Texas -- Rough old Texas hands.
- 9781574412666 (cloth : alk. paper)
1574412663 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781574412673 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1574412671 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19408151