Optimal learning [electronic resource] / Warren B. Powell, Operations Research and Financial Engineering, Princeton University, Ilya O. Ryzhov, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- Powell, Warren B., 1955-
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 
- Physical Description:
- xix, 384 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Ryzhov, Ilya Olegovich, 1985-
- Wiley series in probability and statistics
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "This text presents optimal learning techniques with applications in energy, homeland security, health, sports, transportation science, biomedical research, biosurveillance, stochastic optimization, high technology, and complex resource allocation problems. The coverage utilizes a relatively new class of algorithmic strategies known as approximate dynamic programming, which merges dynamic programming (Markov decision processes), math programming (linear, nonlinear, and integer), simulation, and statistics. It features mathematical techniques that are applicable to a variety of situations, from identifying promising drug candidates to figuring out the best evacuation plan in the event of a natural disaster"--
- 9780470596692 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19408627