Outside the law [electronic resource] : emergency and executive power / Clement Fatovic
- Fatovic, Clement, 1973-
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 352 p. ; 24 cm.
- The Johns Hopkins series in constitutional thought
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "So many unexpected things" : contingency and character in modern political thought -- "Without the prescription of the law" : virtue and discretion in Locke's theory of prerogative -- "All was confusion and disorder" : regularity and character in Hume's political thought -- "The king can do no wrong" : Blackstone on the executive in law -- "It squints towards monarchy" : constitutional flexibility and the powers of the president -- A "patriotic and dignifying president" : republican virtue and the presidency -- Conclusion.
- 9780801893629 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0801893623 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -341) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19409774