Owning our future [electronic resource] : the emerging ownership revolution / Marjorie Kelly
- Kelly, Marjorie, 1953-
- San Francisco, CA : Berrett-Koehler Publishers, c2012.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 247 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foreword / By David Korten -- Prologue : the journey ahead -- The overbuilt house of claims -- Extractive ownership as the cause of financial collapse -- Debt, inc. : extractive design -- The community bank : generative design -- Wall street : capital markets on autopilot -- Overload : the expanding house of claims -- Collapse : the eroding middle-class base -- Returning to earth -- Ecological values as the seedbed of a generative economy -- Waking up : from maximizing profits to sustaining life -- The island : from growth to sufficiency -- Bringing forth a world : from individualism to community -- Creating living companies -- The five core elements of generative ownership design -- Living purpose : creating the conditions for life -- Rooted membership : ownership in living hands -- Mission-controlled governance : humans at the helm -- Stakeholder finance : capital as friend -- Ethical networks : reinforcing shared values -- Epilogue -- Acknowledgments -- Notes -- Index -- About the author.
- 9781605093109 (pbk.) and 1605093106 (pbk.)
- Cover subtitle: the emerging ownership revolution : journeys to the generative economy.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 219-233) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19409916