The Ozarks in Missouri History [electronic resource] : Discoveries in an American Region / edited by Lynn Morrow
- Columbia, Missouri : University of Missouri Press, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 305 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Morrow, Lynn
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Trader William Gilliss and Delaware Migration in Southern Missouri / Lynn Morrow -- Slave Labor at the Maramec Iron Works, 1828-1850 / Barbara L. Green -- "Good Water & Wood but the Country Is a Miserable Botch": Flatland Soldiers Confront the Ozarks / John F. Bradbury Jr. -- The Race of Improvement: Springfield Society, 1865-1881 / Charles K. Piehl -- "The City Belongs to the Local Unions": The Rise of the Springfield Labor Movement, 1871-1912 / Stephen L. McIntyre -- The Ozark Short Line Railroad: A Failed Dream / H. Roger Grant -- Before Bass Pro: St. Louis Sporting Clubs on the Gasconade River / Lynn Morrow -- Whose Forest Is This?: Hill Folk, Industrialists, and Government in the Ozarks / David Benac -- Under Penalty of Death: Pierce City's Night of Racial Terror / Jason Navarro -- "Our Company Feels that the Ozarks are a Good Investment": The Pierce Pennant Tavern System / Keith A. Sculle -- Lake Placid: "A Recreational Center for Colored People in the Missouri Ozarks" / Gary R. Kremer and Evan P. Orr -- Reflections on Public Welfare in Washington County, Missouri, 1939-1941 / Clarence R. Keathley -- Agricultural Change in the Western Ozarks / Milton D. Rafferty -- The Origin and Development of the Ozark National Scenic Riverways Project / Stephen N. Limbaugh
- 9780826220066 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19410423