Palace politics [electronic resource] : how the ruling party brought crisis to Mexico / Jonathan Schlefer
- Schlefer, Jonathan, 1949-
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2008.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 297 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Politics at the heart of the state -- The strange Mexican state -- Did structural economic failure cause the crises? -- The macroeconomics of elite conflict -- The crises that didn't happen -- The unwritten rules -- The end of stability -- Struggle -- Schism -- The inevitability of elite politics -- Mexican fiscal data -- The pre-electoral spending cycle.
- 9780292717572 (cloth : alk. paper), 0292717571 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780292717589 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 029271758X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -281) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19410620