Paolina's innocence [electronic resource] : child abuse in Casanova's Venice / Larry Wolff
- Wolff, Larry
- Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 315 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The parish priest in the church of Sant'Angelo -- The blasphemy tribunal -- A stroke of providence -- Sexual criminals and young girls -- The housekeeper's dilemma -- The caffetiere in his coffee house -- Coffee and gossip -- Friulians in Venice -- Inside Franceschini's apartment -- The Dalmatian widow -- The interrogation of Franceschini -- Casanova's girls -- The scandal of Franceschini -- Child pornography and the Marquis de Sade -- The freedom of the libertine -- Rousseau's simple project -- Paolina Lozaro in her own words -- Paolina Lozaro in the history of childhood -- The chimera of innocence -- The secret history of sexual abuse.
- Franceschini, Gaetano, 1725?-—Trials, litigation, etc
- Lozaro, Paolina, 1777-—Trials, litigation, etc
- Trials (Child sexual abuse)—Italy—Venice—History—18th century
- Child sexual abuse—Investigation—Italy—Venice—History—18th century
- Libertinism—Italy—Venice—History—18th century
- Sociological jurisprudence—Italy—Venice—History—18th century
- 9780804762618 (hbk. : alk. paper)
9780804762625 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 281-301) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19410804