Paradox and perception [electronic resource] : measuring quality of life in Latin America / Carol Graham, Eduardo Lora, editors
- Additional Titles:
- Measuring quality of life in Latin America
- Washington, D.C. : Inter-American Development Bank : Brookings Institution Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 258 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Graham, Carol, 1962-, Lora, Eduardo, and Inter-American Development Bank
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foreword -- How Latin Americans assess their quality of life : insights and puzzles from novel metrics of well-being / Carol Graham and Jere R. Behrman -- Objective and subjective deprivation / Leonardo Gasparini ... [et al.] -- The conflictive relationship between satisfaction and income / Eduardo Lora and Juan Camilo Chaparro -- Satisfaction beyond income / Eduardo Lora, Juan Camilo Chaparro, and María Victoria Rodríguez -- Vulnerabilities and subjective well-being / Mauricio Cárdenas, Carolina Mejía, and Vicenzo di Maro -- Health perceptions and quality of life in Latin America / Carol Graham and Eduardo Lora -- Education and life satisfaction : perception or reality? / Mauricio Cárdenas, Carolina Mejía, and Vincenzo di Maro -- Job insecurity and life satisfaction / Naercio Aquino Menezes-Filho, Raphael Botura Corbi, and Andrea Zaitune Curi.
- "Improves our understanding of the determinants of well-being in Latin America using a broad "quality-of-life" concept that challenges standard assumptions in economics, including those about the relationship between happiness and income. Builds upon new economic approaches related to the study of happiness, finding some paradoxes as respondents evaluate their well-being"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780815703266 (pbk. : alk. paper) and 0815703260 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19410928