The paradox of gender equality [electronic resource] : how American women's groups gained and lost their public voice / Kristin A. Goss
- Goss, Kristin A., 1965-
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 240 p. ; 24 cm.
- CAWP series in gender and American politics
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Women's citizenship and American democracy -- Suffrage and the rise of women's policy advocacy -- The second wave surges "and then" -- From public interest to "special interests" -- Sameness, difference, and women's civic place -- What drove the changes? the not-so-easy answers -- How public policy shaped women's civic place -- Women, citizenship, and public policy in the 21st century.
- 9780472118519 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9780472028733 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19410935