Party systems in post-Soviet countries [electronic resource] : a comparative study of political institutionalization in the Baltic States, Russia, and Ukraine / Andrey A. Meleshevich
- Meleshevich, Andrey A.
- New York : Palgrave, 2007.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 262 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- PART I: MEASURING POLITICAL INSTITUTIONALIZATION IN THE BALTIC STATES, RUSSIA, AND UKRAINE: Conceptual framework and operational indicators of political institutionalization -- Autonomy of the Party System: recruitment into the National Legislature -- Autonomy of the Party System: recruitment into the Executive Branch -- Autonomy of the Party System: geographical patterns of party support -- Stability of the Party System -- Measuring political institutionalization: conclusion -- PART II: EXPLAINING POLITICAL INSTITUTIONALIZATION IN THE BALTIC STATES, RUSSIA, AND UKRAINE: The role of the old communist elites during the formative stage of the Party System -- The type of government and the Party System -- Political consequences of the post-Soviet electoral systems -- "Parties of Power" and the Party System.
- 1403974497 (alk. paper)
9781403974495 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -249) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19411287