The persistence of sentiment [electronic resource] : display and feeling in popular music of the 1970s / Mitchell Morris
- Morris, Mitchell, 1961-
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- ixv, 248 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Black masculinity and the sound of wealth : Barry White in the early '70s -- Transport and interiority in soft soul -- The audience and Barry Manilow -- The voice of Karen Carpenter -- Cher's "dark ladies" showbiz liberation -- Crossing over with Dolly Parton.
- 9780520242852 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9780520275997 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-239) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19412570