Phenotypic integration [electronic resource] : studying the ecology and evolution of complex phenotypes / edited by Massimo Pigliucci, Katherine Preston
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 443 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pigliucci, Massimo, 1964- and Preston, Katherine (Katherine A.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The diversity of complexity / Carl Schlichting -- Floral integration, modularity, and accuracy : distinguishing complex adaptations from genetic constraints / W. Scott Armbruster ... [et al.] -- Integration and modularity in the evolution of sexual ornaments : an overlooked perspective / Alexander V. Badyaev -- The evolution of allometry in modular organisms / Katherine A. Preston and David D. Ackerly -- Phenotypic integration as a constraint and adaptation / Juha Merilä and Mats Björklund -- Evolvability, stabilizing selection, and the problem of stasis / Thomas F. Hansen and David Houle -- Studying the plasticity of phenotypic integration in a model organism / Massimo Pigliucci -- Integrating phenotypic plasticity when death is on the line : insights from predator-prey systems / Rick A. Relyea -- QTL mapping : a first step toward an understanding of molecular genetic mechanisms behind phenotypic complexity/integration / Courtney J. Murren and Paula X. Kover -- Integration, modules, and development : molecules to morphology to evolution / Christian Peter Klingenberg -- Studying mutational effects on G-matrices / Massimo Pigliucci -- The macroevolution of phenotypic integration / Gunther J. Eble -- Form, function, and life history : spatial and temporal dynamics of integration / Miriam Leah Zelditch and Rosa A. Moscarella -- Morphological integration in primate evolution / Rebecca Rogers Ackermann and James M. Cheverud -- Phylogenetic comparative analysis of multivariate data / Scott J. Steppan -- The evolution of genetic architecture / Derek Roff -- Multivariate phenotypic evolution in developmental hyperspace / Jason B. Wolf, Cerisse E. Allen and W. Anthony Frankino -- and The relativism of constraints on phenotypic evolution / Kurt Schwenk and Günter P. Wagner -- The developmental systems perspective : organism-environment systems as units of development and evolution / Paul E. Griffiths and Russell D. Gray.
- 9780195160437 (cloth : alk. paper)
0195160436 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19413199