Philadelphia and the development of Americanist archaeology [electronic resource] / edited by Don D. Fowler and David R. Wilcox
- Tuscaloosa : University of Alabama Press, c2003.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 246 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Fowler, Don D., 1936-
Wilcox, David R., 1944-
Gordon R. Willey Symposium on the History of American Archaeology (3rd : 2000 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Drab doves take flight : the dilemmas of earl Americanist archaeology in Philadelphia / Curtis M. Hinsley -- Toward concensus on the scope of archaeology : Daniel Garrison Brinton and the view from Philadelphia / Regna Darnell -- Unsung visionary : Sara Yorke Stevenson and the development of archaeology in Philadelphia / Elin C. Danien and Elinor M. King -- In the heat of controversy : C.C. Abott, the American Paleolithic, and the University Museum / David J. Meltzer -- Restoring authenticity : Judging Frank Hamilton Cushing's veracity / David R. Wilcox -- Clarence Bloomfield Moore : a Philadelphia archaeologist in the southeastern United States / Lawrence E. Aten and Jerald T. Milanich -- Lucy L.W. Wilson, Ph.D. : an eastern educator and the southwestern Pueblos / Frances Joan Mathien -- The second largest city in the English-speaking world : John L. Cotter and the historical archaeology of Philadelphia / Robert L. Schuyler -- Archaeology, Philadelphia, and understanding nine-teenth century American culture / Steven Conn -- Philarivarium / Alice Beck Keyhoe.
- University of Pennsylvania. Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology—History
- Archaeology—United States—History—Congresses
- Indians of North America—Antiquities—Congresses
- Philadelphia (Pa.)—Intellectual life—Congresses
- United States—Antiquities—Congresses
- 0817313117 (cloth : alk. paper)
0817313125 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Papers of the 3rd Gordon R. Willey Symposium on the History of American Archaeology, held in Philadelphia, Pa. in 2000.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -230) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19413205