Philosophical inquiries [electronic resource] : an introduction to problems of philosophy / Nicholas Rescher
- Rescher, Nicholas
- Pittsburgh, Pa. : University of Pittsburgh Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 219 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The task of philosophy -- Knowledge and scepticism -- Limits of science -- Realism/idealism -- Intelligent design -- Fallacies regarding free will -- Mind and matter -- Pragmatism and practical rationality -- The demands of morality -- By whose standards? -- Pluralism and concretization quandaries -- The power of ideals -- Science and religion -- On the improvability of the world -- Why philosophy?
- 9780822960751 (pbk. : alk. paper) and 0822960753 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19413370