Plant biotechnology and genetics [electronic resource] : principles, techniques, and applications / edited by C. Neal Stewart, Jr.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 374 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- Stewart, C. Neal
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Plant agriculture: the impact of biotechnology -- Mendelian genetics and plant reproduction -- Plant breeding -- Plant development and physiology -- Tissue culture: the manipulation of plant development -- Molecular genetics of gene expression -- Recombinant DNA, vector design, and construction -- Genes and traits of interest for transgenic plants -- Marker genes and promoters -- Transgenic plant production -- Transgenic plant analysis -- Regulations and biosafety -- Field testing of transgenic plants -- Intellectual property in agricultural biotechnology: strategies for open access -- Why transgenic plants are so controversial -- The future of plant biotechnology.
- 9780470043813 (cloth/cd)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19414580