Political power and corporate control [electronic resource] : the new global politics of corporate governance / Peter Alexis Gourevitch and James J. Shinn
- Gourevitch, Peter Alexis
- Additional Titles:
- Political power & corporate control and Global politics of corporate governance
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 344 p. : ill
- Additional Creators:
- Shinn, James and ebrary, Inc
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction and summary argument -- Governance patterns: what causes what? -- Framing incentives: the economics and law tradition -- Politics: preferences and institutions -- Preference cleavages 1: class conflict -- Preference cleavages 2: sectoral conflict -- Preference cleavages 3: transparency, voice, and pensions -- Conclusion : going forward.
- 0691122911 (alk. paper)
- Includes statistical evidence from a sample of 39 countries, with detailed narratives of nine specific country cases.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -332) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19415965