The politics of psychotherapy [electronic resource] : new perspectives / edited by Nick Totton
- Maidenhead, England ; New York : Open University Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 204 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Totton, Nick
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Politics on the couch? Psychotherapy and society-some possibilities and some limitations / Andrew Samuels -- Societal trauma: democracy in danger / Sandra Bloom -- Conflict, competition and aggression / Nick Totton -- The breast-milk of the Inuit mother: a tale of micro- and macrocosm, shadow and light / Hilary Prentice and Mary-Jayne Rust -- The politics of sexuality, gender and object choice in therapy / Chess Denman -- Working with difference: the political context of psychotherapy with an intersubjective dialogue / Judy Ryde -- Power in the therapeutic relationship / Nick Totton -- Values, ethics and the law: a story with some morals / Petruska Clarkson -- The institutions of psychotherapy / Nick Totton -- Politics and psychotherapy in the context of healthcare / John Lees and Dawn Freshwater -- Transforming conflict into community: post-war reconciliation in Croatia / Arlene Audergon and Lane Arye -- Israeli psychotherapists and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict / Emanuel Berman -- The Bridge Project: radical psychotherapy for the 21st century / Jocelyn Chaplin -- How to create social activism: turning the passive into active without killing each other / Kate Gentile and Susan Gutwill.
- 0335216544 (hb)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -197) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19416362