The politics of secularism in international relations [electronic resource] / Elizabeth Shakman Hurd
- Hurd, Elizabeth Shakman, 1970-
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 247 p. ; 24 cm.
- Princeton studies in international history and politics
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Varieties of secularism -- Secularism and Islam -- Contested secularisms in Turkey and Iran -- The European Union and Turkey -- The United States and Iran -- Political Islam -- Religious resurgence -- Conclusion.
- This textbook develops a new approach to religion and international relations that challenges realist, liberal and constructivist assumptions that religion has been excluded from politics in the West.
- 9780691130071 (alk. paper), 0691130078 (alk. paper), 9780691134666 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0691134669 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -235) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19416382