Pop song piracy [electronic resource] : disobedient music distribution since 1929 / Barry Kernfeld
- Kernfeld, Barry Dean, 1950-
- Chicago ; University of Chicago Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 273 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Printed music. Tin Pan Alley's near-perfect distribution system ; Bootlegging song sheets ; The content and uses of song sheets ; Fake books and music photocopying -- Broadcasting. Pirate radio in Northwestern Europe -- Recordings. Illegal copying of phonograph records ; Illegal copying of tapes ; Bootleg albums as unauthorized new releases ; Illegal copying of compact discs ; Song sharing.
- Music trade—Corrupt practices—United States—History—20th century
- Popular music—Writing and publishing—Corrupt practices—United States—History—20th century
- Sound recording industry—Corrupt practices—United States—History
- Sound recordings—Pirated editions—United States—History
- Copyright—Music—United States—History—20th century
- Piracy (Copyright)—United States—History—20th century
- 9780226431826 (cloth : alk. paper)
0226431827 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780226431833 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0226431835 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 255-263) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19416650