Process and Analysis [electronic resource]: Whitehead, Hartshorne, and the Analytic Tradition
- Albany : State University of New York Press Nov. 2002
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 255 p. ill 23.000 x 015.000 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Shields,George W.
- SUNY Series in Philosophy
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Process and Analysis brings together an unprecedented collection of the world's leading contemporary process and analytic philosophers to explore philosophical topics of common interest. The contributors examine a wide variety of explicit and implicit commonalities and differences of approach to such central philosophical issues as the nature and status of events, time, space, relations, particulars, and God. This unique collection demonstrates that both traditions have important things to say to one another. In fact, a largely ignored conversation between the two traditions has been carried on since at least the days of Whitehead's influence on early Cambridge analytic philosophy. This long awaited volume is an invaluable research tool for scholars and students alike working in the areas of analytic and process philosophy.
- 9780791455739 and 0791455734 (Trade Cloth)
- Audience Notes:
- College Audience State University of New York Press
View MARC record | catkey: 19420334