Producing fashion [electronic resource] : commerce, culture, and consumers / edited by Regina Lee Blaszczyk
- Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 363 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Blaszczyk, Regina Lee
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Chapter 1. Rethinking fashion / Regina Lee Blaszczyk -- PART I. Organizing the fashion trades -- Chapter 2. Spreading the word : the development of the Russian fashion press / Christine Ruane -- Chapter 3. Accessorizing, Italian style : creating a market for Milan's fashion merchandise / Elisabetta Merlo and Francesca Polese -- Chapter 4. In the shadow of Paris? French haute couture and Belgian fashion between the wars / Veronique Pouillard -- Chapter 5. Licensing practices at Maison Christian Dior / Tomoko Okawa -- PART II. Inventing fashions, promoting styles -- Chapter 6. The wiener werkstatte and the reform impulse / Heather Hess -- Chapter 7. American fashions for American women : The rise and fall of fashion nationalism / Marlis Schweitzer -- Chapter 8. Coiffing vanity : advertising celluloid toilet sets in 1920s America / Ariel Beaujot -- PART III. Shaping bodies, building brands -- Chapter 9. California casual : lifestyle marketing and men's leisurewear, 1930-1960 / William Scott -- Chapter 10. Marlboro men : outside masculinities and commercial modeling in postwar America / Elspeth Brown -- Chapter 11. The body and the brand : how Lycra shaped America / Kaori O'Connor -- PART IV. Customer reactions, consumer adaptations -- Chapter 12. French hairstyles and the elusive consumer / Steve Zdatny -- Chapter 13. Ripping up the uniform approach: Hungarian women piece together a new communist fashion / Katalin Medvedev -- Chapter 14. Why the old-fashioned is in fashion in American houses / Susan Matt.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -348) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19420428