Progressive museum practice [electronic resource] : John Dewey and democracy / George E. Hein
- Hein, George E., 1932-
- Walnut Creek, Calif. : Left Coast Press, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- 254 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Educational theory -- John Dewey and museums -- Charles Willson Peale and the birth of the democratic museum -- Museum education in the progressive era -- John Dewey and Albert Barnes -- Progressive education in art museums -- Museum education in the 1960s -- Progressive museum practice in the 21st century.
- 9781598744804 (hardback : alk. paper)
9781598744811 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9781611325904 (consumer ebook)
9781611327878 (institutional ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19420944