Race, ethnicity, and the state in Malaysia and Singapore [electronic resource] / edited by Lian Kwen Fee
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 242 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Lian, Kwen Fee, 1950-
- Social sciences in Asia, 1567-2794 ; v.7
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- No longer "Other" : the emergence of the Eurasian community in Singapore / Alexius A. Pereira -- Names as sites of identity construction, negotiation, and resistance : signifying Orang Asli in postcolonial Malaysia / Alice M. Nah -- Growing up Malay in Singapore / Joseph Stimpfl -- The Chinese in contemporary Malaysia / Tong Chee Kiong -- The political and economic marginalization of Tamils in Malaysia / Lian Kwen Fee -- Constructing and contesting "Singaporean Hinduism" / Vineeta Sinha -- Chinese and Malays in Singapore : incomes, education and employment, 1954-1995 / Lee Kiat Jin -- Post-independence educational change, identity and Huaxiaosheng intellectuals in Singapore : a case study of Chinese language teachers / Sai Siew Yee -- Race and racialization in Malaysia and Singapore/ Lian Kwen Fee.
- 900415096X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19423423