Ralph Tailor's summer [electronic resource] : a scrivener, his city, and the plague / Keith Wrightson
- Wrightson, Keith
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 208 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Prologue -- Stories of the Plague -- The "destroying Angell" and "the eye of the North" -- Wildfire -- Diligence and care of magistrates -- Sent for to write -- Liveing a scrivener in the same towne -- The dialect of heaven -- Bequests and legacies -- The attentive presence of others -- Houshold stuffe -- Discords, variances, and suites -- Ralf Taylor notarie publicke -- Epilogue.
- Tailor, Ralph
- Plague—Social aspects—England—Newcastle upon Tyne—History—17th century
- Scriveners (Law)—England—Newcastle upon Tyne—Biography
- Notaries—England—Newcastle upon Tyne—Biography
- City and town life—England—Newcastle upon Tyne—History—17th century
- Material culture—England—Newcastle upon Tyne—History—17th century
- History, 17th Century—England
- Newcastle upon Tyne (England)—Biography
- Newcastle upon Tyne (England)—Social conditions—17th century
- Newcastle upon Tyne (England)—Social life and customs—17th century
- 9780300174472 (cloth : alk. paper)
0300174470 (cloth : alk. paper)
0978300174472 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -205) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19423848