Reconstructing democracy, recontextualizing Dewey [electronic resource] : pragmatism and interactive constructivism in the twenty-first century / edited by Jim Garrison
- Albany, NY : State University of New York Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 210 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Garrison, James W., 1949-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Reconstructing democracy and recontextualizion deweyan pragmatism / Jim Garrison -- The political philosophy of pragmatism / James Campbell -- Dr. Dewey's deeply democratic metaphysical therapeutic for the post-9/11 American democratic disease : toward cultural revitalization and political reinhabitation / Judith Green -- Democracy and education after Dewey--pragmatist implications for constructivist pedagogy / Kersten Reich -- Dewey's pluralism reconsidered pragmatist and constructivist perspectives on diversity and difference / Stefan Neubert -- Evolutionary naturalism, logic, and lifelong learning : three keys to Dewey's philosophy of education / Larry A. Hickman -- Thinking desire : taking perspectives seriously / Charlene Haddock Seigfried -- A pragmatist approach to emotional expression and the construction of gender identity / Jim Garrison -- Moral norms and social inquiry / Hans Seigfried.
- 9780791475454 (hardcover : alk. paper)
079147545X (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19425160