Reforming the welfare state [electronic resource] : recovery and beyond in Sweden / edited by Richard B. Freeman, Birgitta Swedenborg, and Robert Topel
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 336 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Freeman, Richard B. (Richard Barry), 1943-, Swedenborg, Birgitta, 1941-, and Topel, Robert H.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Searching for optimal inequality/incentives / Anders Björklund and Richard B. Freeman -- Policies affecting work patterns and labor income for women / Ann-Sofie Kolm and Edward P. Lazear -- Wage determination and employment in Sweden since the early 1990s: wage formation in a new setting / Peter Fredriksson and Robert Topel -- Labor supply, tax base, and public policy in Sweden / Thomas Aronsson and James R. Walker -- Did active labor market policies help Sweden rebound from the depression of the early 1990s? / Anders Forslund and Alan Krueger -- How Sweden's unemployment became more like Europe's / Lars Ljungqvist and Thomas J. Sargent -- Economic performance and market work activity in Sweden after the crisis of the early 1990s / Steven J. Davis and Magnus Henrekson -- Competition, regulation, and the role of local government policies in Swedish markets / Stefan Fölster and Sam Peltzman -- What have changes to the global markets for goods and services done to the viability of the Swedish welfare state? / Edward E. Leamer.
- 9780226261928 (alk. paper) and 0226261921 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19425736